GUIDELINES FOR CONTRIBUTORS TO OBELISK
First, thank you for taking the time to prepare an article or a submission to OBELISK! Without the contributions of our members this newsletter would cease to exist. In order to standardize the submissions I have listed some simple guidelines below.
- The deadline for submission of final articles is November 30. This is a firm deadline and anything received after that is likely to go in the next year’s issue.
- Please use a two-column format.
- Use Times New Roman 12 typeface.
- Use single space with a space between paragraphs, not an indentation.
- The title of an article should be descriptive (for use in an index), in all caps and bold.
- Don’t forget to include the author name in bold at the end of the article.
- Included photographs should be reduced to a file size of around 200 kb. Please include a photo caption and if possible a photo credit. We try to keep the total file size as small as possible for easier downloading and photographs really add up.
- Species tables should be similar to those used in past issues of OBELISK. A half page table is preferred but if this is not possible a full page table can be accommodated.
- Articles can be in a casual style or a more formal style with references. First person articles are also OK. This is a newsletter not a journal and almost anything is acceptable. We also welcome and encourage poetry about lichens, bryophytes, OMLA or nature in general.
- The LEFT HAND CORNER was started by Don Flenniken as a forum for opinions, editorials and new ideas. Anyone can submit an article so please consider preparing one.
- Anyone can also do a Wanted (Alive)! article if you have a species of particular interest.
- We are always looking for items for the NEWS AND NOTES section and almost anything is fair game.
- Thanks again for your participation in making OBELISK an interesting and informative newsletter for our members!